Re: Tech Writer - Introvert or Extrovert ?

Subject: Re: Tech Writer - Introvert or Extrovert ?
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 08:22:18 +0100

I, personally, wouldn't have said a TW was, by nature, and introvert.
Those I know from conferences etc and those I have worked with over the
years certainly wouldn't fall into that category.

My dictionary defines and introvert as "a person concerned more with his or
her own feeling than with the people and things around him or her, a shy
person". Generally speaking (very!), it could be said that such people
don't mix well, find it difficult to talk to people etc. I don't find this
to be a description I recognise of a TW. Our job is to talk to people (how
do we get our information?) and pass on information. We need to talk to
(?!) and get to know our audience to do a good job

I'm sure, like any profession, that we have a mix of mice and lions!!

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International