Inches, CM, Picas, or Points?

Subject: Inches, CM, Picas, or Points?
From: "Comly, Daniel" <Daniel -dot- Comly -at- LIBERTYMUTUAL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 13:43:39 -0500

I'm setting up document templates to establish a standard look for my
department's end user documents. Contract tech writers and in-house
staff will use the templates. I prefer in picas and points, but I don't
want to use those units of measurement if it will cause problems for the
folks who will have to use my style sheets.

When you set up documents and style sheets, do you specify measurements
in inches, centimeters, picas, or points? Why? Does it matter, or am I
just obsessing?

Respond off-line and I'll post a summary.

Dan Comly
Liberty Mutual Group
Portsmouth NH