Re: Medical writing instructors

Subject: Re: Medical writing instructors
From: Smokey L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 16:41:37 -0500

John,

Yes there are books on medical writing. You need to findt a research
librarian to provide you the names of universities that offer medical
degrees. Write the medical research librarian at each of these medical
colleges. Part of my international TW certification several years ago
included a phase in medical terminology & writing, along with
complementary venues relating to the medical field. This phase of
training was much like a CPA's test segments.

I am speaking about your larger medical colleges; peripheral groups have
supportive departments, i.e., adaptive education, PT, medical
illustration, medical multi-media, medical publication, and so on. I
assisted with teaching grad students on several of the medical NIH
writing projects, as well as taking a wonderful, creative medical
terminology/writing class myself. But as I mentioned, the bigger
colleges have these programs.

SLBare, C.T.C.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]