Re: Web vs. web?

Subject: Re: Web vs. web?
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 13:03:24 -0700

But Max, there *is* more than one internet. There is THE Internet and
there are numerous, smaller internets. However, there is only one World
Wide Web. Because the WWW is often referred to as the Web, the initial
cap is necessary to distinguish it from other, smaller webs. (And I
don't mean spider's webs ;-)

I'm pretty much convinced on the Internet/internet issue, but I could
probably be swayed on the Web/web issue.

Bev Parks