topic- turning paper into data

Subject: topic- turning paper into data
From: Lars Bradley <vitex -at- PHOENIX -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 22:08:12 -0500

I've got a small problem and perhaps may have nothing to to with tech
writing but perhaps someone out there may give me an idea:

Once a job comes in, it 's usually hard copy and then we translate to
Portuguese. My problem is that I want to implement a system either to scan,
or.. some other method to archive the hard copy into electronic format.
After 5 years in service, we accrued too much paper and now is becoming a
storage problem.

I've research different scanning machines but still is labor intensive. Is
there someone out there that could give an idea??

Lars

V I T E X
Brazilian Portuguese Technical Translations
P.o.Box: 750143
Houston, Texas 77275-0143
Phone:281.315.71.82
Fax: 281.484.01.26