Re: THE IBM

Subject: Re: THE IBM
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 14:25:14 -0700

My examples drift off topic (which may be a sign that the topic itself
is drifting off topic and should be retired), but I think Chris is right
in that it may be a regionalism. Some people say "the I-10" when
referring to Interstate 10 (or any other specific interstate highway).
I, and most people I know, just say "I-10" without the "the". Another
example is "I'm going to the Wal-mart after work" or "the Kmart".

Bev Parks