Re: MS Windows Typography

Subject: Re: MS Windows Typography
From: Michael Lewis <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 23:26:40 +1000

As far as I can figure, it depends on how you manage your font files. I
use Adobe Type Manager, and have absolutely no problem with 4 weight /
style combinations (such as regular, bold, italic, bolditalic). ATM can
also manage TT fonts, and I like the way it supports "sets" so that you
can organise fonts by job, client, or (as in my case) application. I
have ATM running under Win 95 on a 486 notebook with only 2MB of RAM, as
well as on a Pentium Pro 200 with 32 MB, and another couple of boxes in
between.

--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia