A puzzlement: is this a virus?

Subject: A puzzlement: is this a virus?
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 15:10:51 -0700

Folks -

A coworker sent me files in the last two days which caused my Norton
antivirus program to report a virus it identified as WM.CAP.a but which
the coworker swears wasn't (and isn't) on her system. She works on a
Mac and appended the files to AOL mail messages; the system I received
them on is running Win95 and Netscape. She says she's occasionally
encountered problems sending files from Mac (Word 6.01) to PC (Word 7),
but she has the latest SAM and another virus program and has detected no
viruses.

Has anyone else run into a problem like this? What could be going on
here?

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems