Framemaker font annoyance

Subject: Framemaker font annoyance
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 20:24:40 -0400

Jeroen Hendrix <jhe -at- MEDIASYS -dot- NL> wrote:

>After installing Adobe Type Manager deLuxe (4.0), Framemaker >(5.1.1) keeps bugging me with the message that the font >information for my system has changed. This happens several >times a day and each time I have to click OK to reformat the >document.

So far as I can figure, FrameMaker is very sensitive to any changes in
the fonts on your system, including which ones are activated or
deactivated, whether you change printer dirvers, or even if you install
a new version of ATM.

Unfortunately, it seems to have only one message for all these events,
and keeps displaying it.

There's not much you can do, except keep track of whether you've made
changes that will affect document or not.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(604) 421-7189 or 687-2133

It taks a stranger to understand
What the wind says in a strange land.
And the wind says, "This year, next year..."
- Oystter Band