Re: Oteography??

Subject: Re: Oteography??
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 09:43:36 -0700

At 06:51 AM 4/9/98 -0600, Carl wrote:

>OK--I give up. I've never heard of oteography and neither has the
>American Heritage dictionary that sits on my desk.
>
>I suspect that it may be in my Random House dictionary at home--but
>spare me the suspense and tell us what it is.

If spelling is the context, the word is orthography.

--Wayne (who once complained about a newspaper's "insouciance in matters of
orthography")
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com