Thanks for anti-hijacker help [long][OFF, sort of]

Subject: Thanks for anti-hijacker help [long][OFF, sort of]
From: "Sokohl, Joe" <Joe -dot- Sokohl -at- USMAIL -dot- MPCT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 14:47:54 -0500

Many thanks to those who sent me fixes to my anti-hijacking problem.
Here're some solutions (excluding those already posted to the list); you
may want to add one of these solutions to your own pages:

From Eric Ray:
Try adding this script to the HTML document head in your documents.

<SCRIPT>
<!--
top.location.target="_top"
if (window.location.target != "_top")
{
top.location.href=window.location.href
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>

If you're using frames in your own document, you'd want to
modify the code to check what the frame name is and
break out only if needed. For example, if your frameset names the
content frame "body", use this:

<SCRIPT>
<!--
top.location.target="_top"
if ((window.frames.name != "body") && (window.location.target !=
"_top"))
{
top.location.href=window.location.href
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
[End of Eric's hack]

From Jordan Long:
There's a simple solution. Use the JavaScript found at the following
site to
'break' out of any frames. I have not tried it myself, but it is worth a
try.

http://page-details.javascriptsource.com/breakframes.html

[End of Jordan's reference]

Several people compained that they too had been the victims of
hijacking, either by Mining Co. or someone else. The nice thing about
the hacks is that present possibilities to help me create a product
documentation Web I'm working on. Thanks to all!

Joe Sokohl
mpct Solutions Corp.
Personal Home Page: http://homepage.interaccess.com/~jsokohl/
PS: This e-mail reflects my thoughts & opinions only, not mpct
Solutions'