Re: Website site map problem

Subject: Re: Website site map problem
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 14:47:30 -0500

> For those who are thinking of moving to an HTML-based delivery system for
> documentation...take heed. The problem was that Navigator doesn't
> acknowledge the HTML area tagging for <MAP> as area="rectangle" as IE does.
> Rather, it requires area="rect". IE recognizes both. Navigator doesn't.
>
> This points up yet again why I'm skeptical about moving to HTML-based doc
> delivery for either full manuals or online help. There are too many
> inconsistencies still. Even simple HTML may not be universal enough.

Don't blame HTML -- this is a "pilot error." One of these tag styles is
obviously not compliant with the HTML standard. Heck, maybe even both.
But as long as you follow current HTML standards instead of using
browser-isms, you should be safe.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm