Re: "Urgent" Hiring Practices & lack of candidates

Subject: Re: "Urgent" Hiring Practices & lack of candidates
From: John Gilger <JohnG -at- MIKOHN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:56:56 -0700

Are these jobs going begging because there are no tech writers
available? Or is it because the jobs do not pay sufficiently well for
one to live comfortably in that area?

Here in Las Vegas, the pay scale isn't anything to brag about, but it is
enough to live in tolerable comfort without having to commute more than
ten or twelve miles.

The last job I investigated in California paid more money, but the cost
of housing ruled it out. I will not physically commute 100+ miles
one-way to work.

My $0.02

John