Re: Newbies getting jobs...

Subject: Re: Newbies getting jobs...
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 10:13:56 -0400

Tim, great post. I've spent more time than I care to recall
suggesting avenues, resources, schools, programs, etc. to people. Guess
how many of them actually got active
in our chapter!! Guess who we all know to avoid!
Around here, it's a small town & we know each other. We've been
working very hard to find a job for a really good temp who had to be laid
off...he came with a good recommendation from another STC member.
I think, tho, in fairness to newbies, that they're afraid of
wasting your time by asking questions. (Newbies and job hunters both;
maybe the latter feel like they're begging.) People *like* to help; people
*like* to share their knowledge; and busy people would usually rather you
called
them than have to chase you down..
Mary

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.