XML Examples?

Subject: XML Examples?
From: Alessandro Bottoni <bottoni -at- CADLAB -dot- IT>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 14:08:33 +0200

Hi TechWriters,
I'm very curious about XML and I'm following the "XML &Technical Writers
..." discussion with great interest. In the last two weeks, I read a lot of
interesting articles regarding XML. Despite this, I cannot figure out how
XML can help us in the everyday work.

Maybe, a few examples could help me to understand. Does anybody know of any
available, XML-compliant browser ? Does anybody know of any experimental /
demo application? Does anybody know of any interesting "application story"
regarding SGML that could be used as a "simulation" of future XML
applications?

TIA

Alessandro Bottoni ( bottoni -at- cadlab -dot- it )
Technical Writer
Cad.Lab SPA ( www.cadlab.com )

BEGIN:VCARD
N:Bottoni;Alessandro
FN:Alessandro Bottoni
ORG:Cad.Lab SPA;Documentation Department
TITLE:Technical Writer
NOTE;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:First Law of Software Documentation:=0D=0A"Clean documentation cannot improv=
e messy systems".=0D=0APage 26 of "How to write usable user documentation"=
=0D=0ABy Edmond H. Weiss - Oryx Press, 1991
TEL;WORK;VOICE:051/597357
TEL;WORK;FAX:051/597120
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Via Ronzani 7/29=0D=0ACasalecchio di Reno;Bologna;;40033;Italy
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Via Ronzani 7/29=0D=0ACasalecchio di Reno=0D=0ABologna 40033=0D=0AItaly
URL:http://www.cadlab.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:bottoni -at- cadlab -dot- it
EMAIL;INTERNET:joyce -at- sestantenet -dot- it
END:VCARD