Re: Getting Into Computer Game Book Writing

Subject: Re: Getting Into Computer Game Book Writing
From: mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:42:48 -0500

Eric Thomas <eathomas -at- DBITS -dot- COM> wrote:

> This probably isn't the correct forum to ask in, but where would one
> go to get information about writing computer game books? I'm a
> technical writer at a software company now (the technical writer
> actually), and eventually want to try my hand at writing a computer
> game strategy guide or something along those lines. Anyway, does
> anyone have any advice (other than not to quit my day job)?

Last October, I posted the following for an anonymous friend:

> I'm starting to think about a career change to documenting software
> games. Could you ask your tech writing list about this?

> I want to know about working conditions, pay, deadlines, SMEs, etc.
> Also, how much midnight oil do game documenters burn?

Until Keith Arnett's helpful reply to Eric, I never heard anything
more on this thread. Maybe since this posting, new subscribers have
joined who could contribute to this thread, or maybe old subscribers
have gained game-documenting expertise. Anybody?

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)