FrameUsers Conference: Call for Papers

Subject: FrameUsers Conference: Call for Papers
From: Brad Anderson <brad -at- FALCONMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:46:18 -0400

Title: FrameUsers Conference: Call for Papers
1998 FrameUsers Conference: Using FrameMaker in the Real World
Call For Speakers
1998 FrameUsers Conference
Radisson Plaza Hotel
Alexandria, VA
October 11-14, 1998

A call for speakers to participate in the 1998 FrameUsers Conference, October 11-14, 1998, is now open. While we are happy to receive proposals at any time, you increase your chance of being accepted the earlier we hear from you. We will begin confirming speakers in late May.

The 1998 FrameUsers Conference will cover "Using FrameMaker in the Real World." The focus will be on the open exploration of using FrameMaker effectively and efficiently on a day to day basis. Speakers will include leading industry visionaries as well as suppliers and users of FrameMaker and Acrobat.

For more information about the 1998 FrameUsers Conference see http://www.frameusers.com (information will be posted by early next week). In mid-May a preliminary schedule will be posted. Please note the following information and follow the instructions below.

Topics
- FrameMaker & Acrobat
- Database Publishing
- FrameMaker FDK
- Pagination Issues (Working with Long Documents)
- Government Documentation
- Document Planning
- Pre-Press and FrameMaker
- Language Translation and FrameMaker
- Indexing
- Presentation from Adobe regarding how features are added to FrameMaker
- FrameMaker and Web Publishing (HTML)
- Single Source Documents-Multi-source Delivery
- Using Color in FrameMaker
- FrameMaker and Word
- FrameMaker to Win/Robo-Help
- Using FrameMaker on Multiple Platforms
- Document Management
- FrameMaker and XML
- SGML
- Tips -n- Tricks
- Template Design
- Autonumbering

Requirements
- An outline or abstract (no longer than one page) describing the presentation including some of the key points to be covered.
- Speaker's complete contact information (name, title, company, mailing address, phone,fax and e-mail).
- Speaker's biography (75 words)
- Speaker's Photograph/Portrait (if desired)

Process

We prefer to receive speaking proposals by e-mail at the following address: speakers -at- frameusers -dot- com .

Guidelines/Recommendations
- Submit ideas on both sessions and speakers.
- We discourage speakers who want to make sales or new product presentations. Our focus is to make this as much of a working conference as possible.
- FrameMaker Users are a sophisticated and technical audience. Suppliers to the industry are better served by placing top or innovative customers on panels. Users doing interesting things with new technology are more likely to be viewed as peers by the audience. If you work with a third-party VAR or consultant channel, you might want to partner with them regarding a presentation. They often have excellent strategic and technical perspectives that are of interest to our audience.
- Please be sure to contact your proposed speaker and check his/her availbility and interest for the dates of the conference.

Questions may be directed to Brad Anderson at (301) 924-0855.

Thank you for your interest in the 1998 FrameUsers Conference: Using FrameMaker in the Real World!
Brad Anderson                   Majordomo: Majordomo -at- FrameUsers -dot- com
Owner, FrameUsers.com       Posting Address: Framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com
brad -at- FrameUsers -dot- com                Human Admin: brad -at- FrameUsers -dot- com
19910 Sugar Notch Circle
Montgomery Village, MD 20886             FrameMaker Document Design
(800) 272-5238                    Technical Documentation Solutions
(301) 924-0855                FrameMaker 5.5 Adobe Certified Expert

  The Online FrameMaker User Network: http://www.FrameUsers.com/
FrameUsers.com Shopping Center http://www.FrameUsers.com/Web_store