Re: Do Technical Writers Deserve Their Own Office?

Subject: Re: Do Technical Writers Deserve Their Own Office?
From: David Dvorkin <DDvorkin -at- FRXSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:05:44 -0600

Debra Mazo wrote:

> >Our Documentation Group is having a hard time justifying private
> offices
> >for technical writers to Product Development. We need some strong
> >reasons to justify that we are different than developers and work
> more
> >productively in a quiet working space, especially when we performing
> >editing duties.

Frankly, you haven't convinced me.

Of course we tech writers need a quiet working space, but so do
developers. So does everyone. If you can convince your upper
management to give tech writers better quarters than developers,
then I want to work there.

David Dvorkin
FRx Software Corporation
mailto:ddvorkin -at- frxsoft -dot- com