Re: Word vs. Pagemaker or Framemaker

Subject: Re: Word vs. Pagemaker or Framemaker
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:56:27 -0700

Is this a put-on?

You were interviewing for your first technical writing job and they
asked a question like that?

Only a seasoned professional is going to be able to provide a
knowledable, persuasive, thought provoking answer/opinion. This is a
topic that draws blood from the ranks, and has been the subject of many
wars.

If your interviewer was serious, I would forget about them and keep
looking -- don't get onboard that ship.

Just the same, do your research for your own personal/professional
interest, and see if you can find an expert at each package who can show
you the ropes (hands-on) (and explain the benefits/defects, etc., as
they know them).