Re: Word vs. Pagemaker or Framemaker

Subject: Re: Word vs. Pagemaker or Framemaker
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:16:39 -0500

I agree that this particular case (asking the interviewee to be a
consultant before they're even hired) is pretty ridiculous. However, I
don't think it's out of line to expect even an entry level applicant to
know the difference between word processing and desktop publishing.

Tracy

> You were interviewing for your first technical writing job and they
> asked a question like that?
>
> Only a seasoned professional is going to be able to provide a
> knowledable, persuasive, thought provoking answer/opinion. This is a
> topic that draws blood from the ranks, and has been the subject of many
> wars.

> >I just came from an interview where I was asked why use Framemaker or
> >Pagemaker if you could do the same things in MS Word.

Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm