Re[2]: Salaries in Chicago & where ever

Subject: Re[2]: Salaries in Chicago & where ever
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:44:02 -0500

However, the STC salary survey appears to me to be on the high
side (for all levels) by several thousand dollars at least.

No specific knowledge about this particular one, but in my experience there
are two types of salary surveys:

1) The workers are surveyed. These surveys are almost always biased high.

2) The HR departments are surveyed. These surveys are almost always biased
low.

The reason for both biases? IMHO, lack of honesty among participants. Each
survey group shades the numbers.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224