TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc., provides technical documentation
services to high-tech companies. We need a technical editor/writer to join
our team. Although this is a telecommuting position, occasional visits to
client site are required, and most of our clients are located in the
Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina. Therefore, RTP-area
candidates are strongly preferred.
We are willing to consider 20, 30, and 40-hour workweeks.
Benefits: Although we are a small business, we offer an impressive array of
benefits. These include bonuses, health and life insurance, flexible
working hours, paid vacation and holidays, and a Simplified Employee
Pension (SEP) plan.
Note: Only full-time (30 hours and more) employees are eligible for health
and life insurance.
* outstanding technical writing and editing skills, including production
* experience writing and editing documentation for complicated software and
* experience writing and editing for various media, such as print, online
help, PDF, and WWW
* a minimum of three years experience as a technical writer or editor
* the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
* at least intermediate knowledge of FrameMaker
* the ability to work productively as part of a team without direct supervision
* experience using Internet protocols (email, ftp, WWW)
* the ability to meet deadlines
* the ability to work with a wide variety of people and interact
professionally with clients
* an excellent attitude and a sense of humor
technical illustration skills, expert knowledge of FrameMaker, experience
with RoboHelp and Adobe Acrobat, book and graphic design skills, technical
To apply, please send your resume in either ASCII (text) or Adobe Acrobat
format to okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com -dot- If you have a web-based resume, feel free
to submit the URL. Word documents will not be accepted. Please indicate
whether you are interested in a part-time or full-time position.
About Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
Scriptorium Publishing provides technical documentation services to
high-tech companies. Our dedicated, professional staff provides on-demand,
project-based documentation services to various clients. We offer our
clients the continuity of working with the same professionals, without
requiring them to hire us; in fact, we prefer it that way, because we get
to work on a wide variety of challenging, interesting projects. We are not
a body shop, and we do not provide temp-to-perm placement.
Sarah O'Keefe Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
FrameMaker ACE (Adobe Certified Expert)
okeefe -at- scriptorium -dot- com http://www.scriptorium.com