Subject: Summary: Going Rates (Long)
From: "Bhat, Milind" <MBhat -at- PJC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:24:45 -0500

About two weeks ago, I sent the attached post to this list. As
promised, here is the summary of the responses I received.

Per-hour going rate ranges I heard were:
* Bay Area: $45 to $80
* Silicon Valley: $40 to $65
* Wisconsin: $45 to $60
* Cleveland, OH: $20 to $60, typically $35 to $45
* Huntsville, AL: $15 to $50

Some of you suggested ways of finding the Going Rate:
* Annual Rate Survey by the Consultants and Independent
Contractors SIG of STC
* STC meetings
* Newsgroups
* Competitors
* Clients or subcontractors
* Local headhunters
* Writer's Union

Thanks to the following members who responded to my post:
> * Ann Mackenzie
> * Barbara Philbrick
* Joanne Grey
* Linda Castellani
* Sharon Thomason
* The Tech Writer (I couldn't find a name)

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the Sender.
Non-business opinions may not reflect opinions of Piper Jaffray
Companies (PJC). Distribution or other use of this information
is prohibited without written consent from the author.
PJC reserves the right to monitor all e-mail.