Re: Standard Editing process

Subject: Re: Standard Editing process
From: Suzette Seveny <suzettes -at- STRATINFOTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:59:27 -0400

I have a style sheet that writers use and I also have a list of "Rules".
The rules define the style used (i.e., second party vs. third party), a
list of prohibited words (i.e., consequently, subsequently, prior to,
merely, etc.) and any other information the writers need before they start.
I review their first section, and return with comments so that they can
see the tone they need to take in the remaining sections.

My goal is to concentrate on grammar and readability levels, and format /
printing considerations. An ideal situation would be to make the client
fairly self-sufficient, while at the same time have everybody attempting to
sound the same. I realize that editorial review still needs to happen, but
I am aiming to reduce the amount of time (which is cost to the client) that
I need to spend on the documentation.

So I guess this means I agree with you.

Suzette Leeming