Re: secretary's day

Subject: Re: secretary's day
From: Laurel Nelson <Laurel_Y_Nelson -at- NOTES -dot- SEAGATE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:13:06 -0500

Melissa: If you were a guy, no one would have mistakenly considered you to
be a secretary. You have a right to be insulted. It's time this "nice"
person found out you aren't a secretary. If you let this slide, you can
expect more of the same treatment in the future.

As a side note, I was a secretary before I went to college and got into
tech writing. I hated Secretary's Day. The last two years I was on the job,
I told the people I supported that Secretary's Day could be a Forgotten Day
in our division. In my opinion, employers came up with that ghastly
tradition to relieve them of the guilt they felt for underpaying their
office support. In my last secretarial job, I was making almost as much as
some of the degreed staff, so I didn't feel that they had to put on a
special hoopla for me.

Laurel Nelson