secretary's day

Subject: secretary's day
From: Hope Cascio <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- US -dot- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:38:33 -0400

I wonder, who was it that left it for you? Was it one person who doesn't
know any better, one person who ought to know better, your whole
programming team? Are you the only writer?

I forwarded your post to my whole writing team, with the note, "Thank God
it ain't us." That is a very uncomfortable position, and I don't envy you
in the slightest. I wish I had some advice for you!

Hope Cascio, Knowledge Transfer Developer
Arthur Andersen Technology Solutions

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc: (bcc: Hope D. Cascio)
From: maalton -at- UNITY -dot- NCSU -dot- EDU
Date: 04/22/98 10:34 AM

Hello all fellow tech writers.
I have a workplace dilemma. Today is secretary's day. Not something i
would usually care about because I dont have a secretary. But this year
I care about it because when I got to work there was a card on my desk
thanking me for my good work as a SECRETARY! (i've been with this
company for 4 months)
While its nice to be appreciated, its not nice to be considered a
secretary when you have a BA from a prestigious university and are
working on your MS in tech comm. AND do not perform secretarial duties.
I should also mention that I don't get a secretary's salary...nor do I
have a secretarial title.
Frankly I am highly insulted. I feel like issuing a statement explaining
that while I appreciate the card and being appreciated, I am not a
secretary.
WHat do you guys think? Should I just forget it or voice my opinion?