Re: secretaries

Subject: Re: secretaries
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 12:16:20 -0700

Melissa,

With respect to the following statement:

"I am going to say something
because if I don't this thing will
eat at me and because I believe
this negative perception can hurt
my career with this company.
I haven't decided HOW to say it yet . . ."

Choose your words carefully, but more importantly -- watch your
attitude. You don't want to give others (especially dept. heads, etc.)
the impression that you are a complainer, thin skinned, easily provoked,
etc. (the "etc"s are for all of you who were long winded on the previous
thread). If your career is determined by those who offended you, then
prove yourself by ignoring it, for a reaction is certain to seal your
fate. If your career is determined by others, then leave it alone, for
exacting retribution (through words, etc.) will be certain to find its
way back to those who really do count, or who may count in your future
(especially if those involved were innocent and didn't mean to hurt you)
.

Hope all goes well.

Roger Mallett