ADMIN: Status of Technical Communicators

Subject: ADMIN: Status of Technical Communicators
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:15:58 -0600

Gang,

I appreciate that passions run high on the secretaries
issue--I think that the (stunning) number of messages
we'd had today clearly indicates that it's of some interest
and concern to many of us.

As our professional status tends to be of concern and
relevance, I'd say that the topic is quite appropriate.
It's been discussed before, but not done to the death,
and some of the political/social/true-to-thy-self
messages today have been very good.

I would ask that, given the highly sensitive nature of
this issue, you all take care to keep the tone appropriate
for this list and that you keep the focus on technical
communication, rather than digressing into social or
other issues.

Eric

* Eric J. Ray, ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com, http://www.raycomm.com/
* _HTML 4 for Dummies Quick Reference_, and others.
* RayComm, Inc., currently accepting contract inquiries.