Re: New slant: professionalism

Subject: Re: New slant: professionalism
From: Roger Mallett <roger -at- CSICAL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:42:33 -0700

Fun topic.

When asked what kind of work I do, I tell them: "I am a Technical
Writer, you know, the kind of guy that writes computer books, you've
seen them, the ones that no one can understand (usually eliciting a
chuckle), well I fix those broken books so that you can understand
them."

This usually brings a sigh of relief followed by a war story or two
about how horrible computer/software manuals are and how it's about time
that someone got out there and fixed them.

Roger Mallett