Re: New slant: professionalism

Subject: Re: New slant: professionalism
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 12:26:12 -0700

A lot of the early Users Guides were written by programmers. It wasn't
really their chosen work either.

I think our goal should be to put out the best documentation we can under
the given circumstances. Sometimes those circumstances are pretty rough.
We need to be understanding about that when our fellow writers have to do
it.

I also think we have a duty to stay up with the latest trends and
information. When I started out in technical writing, no one gave a degree
in that. Now we have people specifically training for that purpose.

We've come a long ways. Now it's our task to do great documentation and
respect for what we do.

Marilynne

Marilynne Smith Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
"We'll have the whole world talking"