Re: secretary's day

Subject: Re: secretary's day
From: David Somers <somersd -at- NATLAB -dot- RESEARCH -dot- PHILIPS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 18:28:39 +0200

Tracey Moore wrote:

> AMEN! I would be interested to know if ANY male technical writers have been
> referred to as secretaries. I am positive the answer is never! (And I'm
> willing to bet the sender of the card is male.)

Well, at one place I was referred to as a 'typist' by the head of EDI.
His view of Technical Authors was that all we did was 'type'.

Interestingly, this was also a site where a Project Leader reviewed one
of my drafts and came back with the comment that it was all very good,
but could I reduce the page count by 50%. Good grief!

Greetings from (wet and overcast) Eindhoven

David Somers
Philips Research Laboratories [Mailstop WAY 3.34],
Prof. Holstlaan 4, 5656 AA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-40-2743878; Email: somersd -at- natlab -dot- research -dot- philips -dot- com