Q. Application Notes

Subject: Q. Application Notes
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:11:57 -0700

Hi there folks,

I'm interested in getting information on Application Notes, also called
Product Profiles. I checked the archives and there were two messages on
this topic two years ago, but I would like more feedback if possible.

@ How technical should the application note be? ie. should I include code
samples, flow charts, architecture diagrams, etc.

@ How do I make an application note different from a white paper, esp. if
the white paper also identifies applications for the product? I guess the
question is actually, how is an application note different from a white
paper?

@ Should an application note be part of a product package, or should it be
designed to stand alone?

@ At what point does the user receive an application note? After the
brochure? After the white paper? After they buy the product?

@ Is it okay if the application note has a distinct sales spin?

@ How "desktopped" should it be?

@ If the product has not yet been tested in "real world" situations, is it
acceptable for the application note to be based on our best guess about real
world applications?

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

Cheers,

Rowena rhart -at- intrinsyc -dot- com