Propriety: New Twist on Professionalism & Secretaries Day

Subject: Propriety: New Twist on Professionalism & Secretaries Day
From: Hope Cascio <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- US -dot- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:29:26 -0400

This is sex discrimination, because the president is affecting how you do
your work based on your gender. I would tell the president that the current
policy prevents you from doing you work to the best of your ability (as it
does) and that if the policy is not rescinded, you'll take it to the EEO
(or equivalent government office protecting against discrimination in the
workplace.)
Hope Cascio

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc: (bcc: Hope D. Cascio)
From: PPalmer -at- SPHERECOM -dot- COM
Date: 04/28/98 01:34 PM

Here's my question for you wise folks:
Scenario: I need to go to several beta sites and new installations for
training issues and installation documentation development. The
'president' of our small company is adamant against males and females
traveling together (large group going to same site, only one female;
getting a ride to the airport with colleague, etc.) even for a working
lunch. I say I can't live like that. I need the information from the
site and I need to be with the developers as they analyze what's going
on...
What do you do?
Thanks for your discussion of this topic.
Phyllis