Re: HELP!

Subject: Re: HELP!
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:48:32 -0400

Hey Tracey--

I end up doing most of my documentation in Word, with plenty of screen
captures. First--like everyone said, uncheck the "float over text box"
or anchor your graphics.

But more important, I don't put my graphics in until the bitter end,
when I've done all the writing, all the text formating, everything.
Then I go back and add the graphics. It makes the file much smaller and
easier to manage, I'm not constantly waiting for the monitor to display
the graphics.

For graphics-heavy documents, there is a significant disadvantage in
Word 6, which stored all graphics as metafiles and inflated the document
file size tremendously. Word 97 handles graphics much more efficiently.
Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems, Inc. (ATS)
Bremerton, Washington USA