Re: Accreditation for academic TechComm programs?

Subject: Re: Accreditation for academic TechComm programs?
From: Yvonne DeGraw <yvonne -at- SILCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:41:56 -0700

STC currently does not accredit techcomm programs. I know the next TECHWR-L
certification debate isn't scheduled until June, so I'll make this short.
Rather than trying to certify individuals, perhaps STC should look at
accrediting academic programs. Of course, that will require plenty of
discussion about what a techcomm program should be teaching.
Yvonne DeGraw, Technical Services o Technical Writing
yvonne -at- silcom -dot- com o Online Help
http://www.silcom.com/~yvonne o Web Documentation
Tel: 805/683-5784 o Database Publishing
Santa Barbara STC: http://stc.org/region8/snb