Re: Rethinking Randal's Rant

Subject: Re: Rethinking Randal's Rant
From: Penn Brumm <penn -at- HEALTHEON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 17:32:10 -0700

Hi:

I had a friend who graduated from USC with an MBA in Judicial Administration,
but no experience in any area that made him welcome in the high-tech companies
here in Silicon Valley. He became bitter because he felt he had "the
credentials" to go directly into middle management, but no company called him
back after the initial interview. I tried several times to give him tough-love
advice about tuning his skills - but he didn't want to hear it.

Sigh!

Penn

- - -
George Mena wrote:

> If you listen closely, you can hear the frustration he's trying -- and
> failing -- to voice adequately.

<snip>

> Technologies, both current and emerging, can be frustrating to those
> folks who want to enter tech writing and for those who want to enter
> different industries that use tech writers.

<snip>