Re: Newbie Information -- Compilation

Subject: Re: Newbie Information -- Compilation
From: Jane Bergen <janeber -at- CYBERRAMP -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:30:44 -0500

What a great idea! Do any other STC chapters have anything like this?
I can see how this could benefit new writers, students, employers
looking for entry-level employees, as well as people who may just
want information about making career changes into technical writing.
If anyone has more information on these types of new writer seminars,
please send it to me. We have a new member/new writer SIG as well as
our mentoring project for new/student writers.

Thanks,

Jane Bergen

P.S. If anyone has tried to contact me at my work email address
(janeb -at- answersoft -dot- com), please resend it to me at this home address.
Our server at work has been down for THREE days and our IS guy hasn't
a clue what's going on. Needless to say our whole office is in an
uproar!! I doubt that I'll ever get my old mail back again......maybe
it was all those flames!!

( :-{ )

Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
janeber -at- cyberramp -dot- net

On Wednesday, April 29, 1998 1:15 PM, Garret Romaine
[SMTP:garret -dot- h -dot- romaine -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM] wrote:
> Our response was to set up a quarterly Entry-Level seminar event.
We
> bring
> in a series of speakers to talk about tools, local resources,
> hiring
> practices, resumes & portfolios...so that after four hours, the
> group is
> much better prepared for life in our local industry. The overheads
> are bound
> up in a $10 book, and after lunch, which is also included in the
> price
> (usually about $35 - $40) there's a chance for some networking.
It's