FrameMaker TOC tab problem

Subject: FrameMaker TOC tab problem
From: Sonja Draeger <sdraeger -at- NORMAN -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:52:06 +1000

The tabs won't work in my table of contents and I'm sure I've tried every
possible thing to fix it except the solution itself. It's worked for me
before! Here's my situation:

I'm generating a table of contents for one file. (I don't need a book for
this document.) Then I'm copying the generated table from the file that
FrameMaker creates and pasting it back into the file it was generated from.

Both the original file and TOC file have the same Heading1TOC and
Heading2TOC styles. The styles are also set in the Reference page. The
styles have a right justified tab with a dotted leader, after which the
page number is inserted.

Why, after I generate the TOC, is FrameMaker not inserting the tabs? (The
page numbers sit next to the TOC text). I know it should work
automatically. What have I missed?

Sonja

sdraeger -at- norman -dot- com -dot- au
Norman Data Defense Systems, Australia