Re: Adobe Type Manager

Subject: Re: Adobe Type Manager
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:55:18 -0400

Adobe Type Manager (ATM) is just the part of the PostScript interpreter that
processes Type 1 fonts so you can see them on the screen. It traps
application font calls and renders them for display. Some apps (not sure
about FM) automatically boot ATM when they open, but I wouldn't take the
chance. I'd start ATM manually if I was using extensive Type 1 PostScript.
However, I usually content myself with TrueType, so ATM isn't of much value
on my machine. In our production side of the house, however, PostScript gets
a workout, so they need ATM for Type 1.

>What are some books on how to use this? I got it with FrameMaker, but not
>much info on how use it.
>
>Thanks.
>

>Horace Smith
>Sr. Documentation Engineer
>Syntron, Inc.
>17200 Park Row
>Houston, TX 77084
>mailto:hsmith -at- wt -dot- net
>mailto:smith -at- syntron -dot- com

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882
http://www.simplywritten.com
Creators of the Clustar Method for task-based documentation