Re: FrameMaker to Word

Subject: Re: FrameMaker to Word
From: Jane Bergen <janeber -at- CYBERRAMP -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:34:26 -0500

Barb,

I wish you could tell some of us HOW to do this. I cannot save any
FrameMaker document as anything else, including MIF, RTF, DOC, or
anything else. Well, that's an exaggeration. Sometimes I can save it
as a TXT file, but I don't have time to reformat a 300-page document.
I'm using FM 5.52 on Windows 95. FrameMaker offers me those "Save As"
options, but when it starts cranking away it just crashes and closes
down completely. The document has only 16-color bitmaps (and very
few), but it was converted from Word. I seem to have better (though
still inconsistent) luck with documents started from scratch in FM.

I did send my log file to Adobe tech support with a long explanation
but haven't heard anything back.

Any ideas?

Jane