Re: Still looking -- Entry-level writer in Ann Arbor

Subject: Re: Still looking -- Entry-level writer in Ann Arbor
From: Mary Perchanok <perchanok -dot- bailey -at- SYMPATICO -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 19:19:53 -0400

I want to be that entry-level writer! I just might be the ideal
candidate, but I'm looking for work in Montreal.

- I don't have a degree in technical writing, instead I have experience
as a technical editor and I'm half-way through the technical
communications certificate at Concordia University. I have a 3-year
certificate in graphic design from Sheridan College and experience in
book design and multimedia.

- I work with Mac and Windows. I can use CorelDRAW, Illustrator,
Photoshop, Quark, Word, Persuasion, Powerpoint and FrameMaker. (I've
forgotten how to use even more programs - I've been doing graphics on
computer professionally since 1989.) I learned SGML while I was working
as an editor and I'm just cutting my teeth on web page design.

- I do freelance graphic design and related copy writing. I write
scripts for t.v. animation as a sideline. (I'm flexible, some people
like my sense of humor, and I can take responsibility for a job and get
it done.)

BUT, I need some occasional hand-holding. I will need direction and
constructive criticism. (Let's hope "entry-level writer" doesn't mean
"lone writer".) I need to learn the job. That's why entry-level pay is
just dandy.

Anyone interested?

Mary Perchanok
perchanok -dot- bailey -at- sympatico -dot- ca