JOB POSTING - Technical Writer/Instructional Designer(s) - Multiple Positions (Whippany, NJ)

Subject: JOB POSTING - Technical Writer/Instructional Designer(s) - Multiple Positions (Whippany, NJ)
From: "Phillips, Warren D (Warren)** CTR **" <phillipsw -at- LUCENT -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 00:11:56 -0400

LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES INC.
TECHNICAL WRITER / INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER (S)
Needed Immediately

To the group - the team I am on is expanding. I offered to help
my boss, who is looking for several people. I think this is a
great opportunity! Also, if you are a new graduate please
consider looking into this...as I know they will consider you!

We need talented and motivated individuals to join us that
can create both documentation and training. We develop Information
Products to support the customers of our new digital cellular
communications systems.

As an Information Developer you will be working with a team of
Editors, Performance Technologists, and SMEs (engineering).

Personally, I enjoy the work, the people and the environment at
Lucent Technologies. We work in a very dynamic and challenging
environment. We are working at making our processes better and
employ the best aspects of Instructional Systems Design, Structured
Writing (Information Mapping), and SGML Single Sourcing.

In 1996, AT&T spun off its systems and technology organizations into
Lucent Technologies, while AT&T kept the services business. Check
out the Lucent Technologies web site at http://www.lucent.com.

Warren Phillips - Information Developer
Customer Training & Information Services
Lucent Technologies, Inc.
Whippany, NJ

phillipsw -at- lucent -dot- com

PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR RESUME TO ME --- WP :-)
==========

If interested in joining us, please apply immediately (NLT 10 May 1998)
Send your resume via e-mail or fax to:

Deb L. Scroggs - Technical Services Manager
Customer Training & Information Products (2)
Lucent Technologies, Inc.

Fax: 973 386 4254
e-mail: dscroggs -at- lucent -dot- com

====================================
====================================
More Info On The Position

Company: Lucent Technologies, Inc.
Position Title: Information Developer
Number of Openings: Multiple - contract & direct hire opportunities
Location: Whippany, New Jersey
Products Supported: PCS CDMA & TDMA Cellular Telecommunications

Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Travel: Light - dependent on project schedule.

========== Major Activities==========

>> Develop a thorough understanding of the product; collecting technical
information from SMEs, engineering references, and specifications.

>> Work with Performance Technologists to analyze audience and
customer environments.

>> Analyze all collected information; extract relevant data, and produce
easy to use, relevant, documentation and training that is customer
focused and task based.

>> Learn & effectively apply team standards for structured writing
(Information Mapping), Instructional System Design, and workflow.

>> Coordinate and accomplish editing, reviews, field trials and final
delivery of materials concurrent with changing product design
and build schedules.

========== Required Skills and Knowledge ==========

>> Teaming / partnership - Ability to work within a team and
autonomously.

>> Interpersonal communication - Ability to communicate well; including
receiving and giving constructive criticism.

========== Desired Skills and Knowledge ==========

>> FrameMaker+SGML, HTML (Web Authoring), PowerPoint Skills
>> Telecommunications Knowledge
>> Multimedia Development Skills

Motivation and aptitude to learn new software is more important than
specific experience (training and ample reference materials are
available).

Familiarity with telecommunications is desirable but not required; if
you don't have this background but are willing to put in the work
required to acquire it, we're more than willing to teach you.

>> Engineering, technical or technical communication degree or equivalent.

End