Re: Employment Status

Subject: Re: Employment Status
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 14:40:42 -0500

Been there, done that - minus the 5 page written contract, but the
effect was the same.

My employer was a floundering shop, dropping rapidly from 6 people to
one. I got a new office at the same time, because we got evicted from
the old one. He was pretty up-front about the whole thing. The good news
was that I didn't get paid very much money before he went completely
broke. And when not getting paid is the GOOD news, well, need I say
more?

Now, the IRS guy told me I could very easily have put the guy in a very,
very bad situation (and saved myself a chunk o' change in the process,
and the IRS guy said I was an idiot not to) because the move was well
outside the lines. But I didn't, because the employer was honest with
me, and I didn't want to burn any bridges. Even though that's one bridge
I'll never willingly cross again.

---
Office:mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com