Re: Need wording help, please

Subject: Re: Need wording help, please
From: Mark Baker <mbaker -at- OMNIMARK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 16:40:50 -0400

Parks, Beverly :

>The search options are visible only when the number of items in the
>table exceeds the visible area of the table (and thus a scroll bar would
>appear, also). I'm struggling with how to describe the dynamic state of
>the search options. Right now I have:

On the general principal that your task is not to describe how the
application behaves, but how the user behaves when using the application, I
would suggest:

"If your query returns more data than will fit on the screen, use the search
function at the bottom of the screen to locate the data you need."

---
Mark Baker
Manager, Corporate Communications
OmniMark Technologies Corporation