Re: Employment Status & Benefits

Subject: Re: Employment Status & Benefits
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:36:03 -0400

Here in NYS, your employer is not required to give any benefits
beyond those mandated by law. Worker's Comp and Fed & State Unemployment
Insurance, and I think disability, are mandated by law.
Your employer is *not* required to give you any benefits--health
insurance, sick time, paid vacation time.
The only other law that I can think of that applies is the law
that, unless you're an "exempt" employee, you have to be paid time and a
half for any time worked over 40 hours a week. "Exempt" traditionally
includes managers and engineers and "professionals."
I got my info from the NYS Dept of Labor. Check in your state if
this stuff interests you.
Mary

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)