Indenting results [WAS: Question for Tech Writers' List]

Subject: Indenting results [WAS: Question for Tech Writers' List]
From: Chris Knight <knight -at- ADA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 17:26:35 -0700

I strongly disagree with Dick Margulis' solution. I think it is wordy
and, because reders scan for the procedure heading they are interested,
it risks the user missing important steps. The result statement should
line up below the step that caused it, even if you consider it to be the
result of the whole procedure.

And there is nothing wrong which nested procedures, as long as they are
well (i.e. concisely) written and formatted properly.

--
Chris Knight
Consultant, Technical Communication Architect