Re: User Guide Usage

Subject: Re: User Guide Usage
From: Dick Gaskill <dickg -at- AG3D -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 13:16:41 -0700

My users want both the users guide and the on-line (winhelp/Robohelp)
help. The help is context sensitive and is attached to our product
GUI). They like the help for quick reference but not for details. They
don't like the help because they can't print it all at once except for a
bunch of pages, each with one topic on it. Not easy to follow in
printed format. They like the users guide becasue they can print any
specific range of pages and get all the info on a specific topic as well
as details. BTW, all my manuals are on-line PDF (Frame 5.5 / Acrobat 3)
on line with lots of links.

-dg

From: Adele Higgins [SMTP:ahiggins -at- INSURQUOTE -dot- COM]
Subject: User Guide Usage

Have any of you virtually eliminated the product user manual and
put all
help online (except Install instructions and a tutorial)? If
you have,can you
tell me how your USERS like it and what software you used to
accomplish
this?