Duplex Printing problem in Word

Subject: Duplex Printing problem in Word
From: M S Dattatreya <datta -at- WIPINFO -dot- SOFT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 18:33:58 +5:30

Dear Tech Whirlers,

I was off the air for sometime! I am subscribing yet again because
this list server is simply wonderful. Can somebody help me out of
this peculiar problem?

We have a HP Laserjet 4M Plus printer. It has a Duplex printer
option. When I print my word documents in the "Flip on the long
edge mode" (typically "back-to-back" in the common man's parlance)
the headers and footers go haywire. They are misaligned though
they do not seem to be on display. However, when I disable this
option and print the pages, the headers and footers appear as they
should.

Have any of you faced this problem? This is kind of agonizing because
you have different headers and footers for odd and even pages. The
duplex printing option is kind of saving paper but at the expense of
the look and feel.

Hope to receive some interesting observations.

Thanks and regards,
M S Dattatreya.

M S Dattatreya
Wipro Infotech Group,