Re: Software Programmers[/"Developers"] Manual ..... definition?

Subject: Re: Software Programmers[/"Developers"] Manual ..... definition?
From: "Collier,Michael" <Michael -dot- Collier -at- CNALIFE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:08:01 -0500

No, they're not the same. A detailed design document is a specific kind of
programmers' document. My guess is that a programmers' manual generally
describes how to add functionality to an already exisitng system, whereas a
detailed design document is instructions for programmers who are working on
a system under development.

Check out my website on software development
documentation--http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/4970/index.htm
and follow the link named Detailed Design--there's some text on detailed
design document contents. Let me know if it helps.

Michael Collier
mcollier -at- cnalife -dot- com