Re: Online Document Reviews

Subject: Re: Online Document Reviews
From: "John W. Sliger" <jsliger -at- PDQ -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 23:24:34 -0700

Gail,

There is an outfit called Documentum that is addressing this issue. Having seen their preliminary work, online review is/will be a reality and will be great.

They use a version of Acrobat Reader that allows the reviewer to insert "post-it" notes in the file without actually changing the file. It really will work great once they get the bugs worked out. It has been a year since I saw their work, so much could have changed since then.

They have a website at, wouldn't you know it, http://www.documentum.com, if you would like to check them out.
John W. Sliger
Technical Writer
Phone: (281) 353-0567